The Genome Informatics group and GMOD will be submitting an application for Google Summer of Code (GSoC) this year, and we are soliciting project ideas from people and groups involved in the GMOD project.
GSoC is a global program run by Google to encourage students to get real-world experience of participating in a software project; students work on a project over the summer months and receive a stipend from Google for participating. Thousands of organizations of many different sizes take part in GSoC, with the common factor being that they must produce open-source code.
Please take a look at the GSoC wiki page and think about any projects that might work well for a GSoC student, and add them to the wiki. If you are interested in being a mentor, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com.
Posted to the GMOD News on 2021/02/16
Handlery Hotel in the Balboa room
(down the street from the Town and Country Hotel)
San Diego, California
January 9-10, 2020
Immediately before Plant and Animal Genome XXVIII (PAG 2020)
There will be a GMOD codefest occurring before the Plant and Animal Genomes meeting in San Diego. The codefest will be at the Town and Country hotel on January 9 and 10. If you would like to suggest a problem or project to address, add it to this Google Doc. The codefest is open to anyone who'd like to work on any GMOD project (or, better yet, any combination of GMOD projects), including but not limited to
We already know that there will be Tripal, Chado, Apollo and JBrowse developers present.Agenda
Thursday:9:00-10:00 Introduction and working group organization 10:00-12:00 Working groups 12:00-1:30 Lunch (on your own) 1:30-4:00 Working groups 4:00-5:00 Report on progress
Friday:9:00-12:00 Working groups 12:00-1:30 Lunch (on your own) 1:30-3:00 Working groups 3:00-3:45 Report on progress
- Note: the Tripal steering committee will meet on Friday from 12:00 - 3:00 pm at the Postcard Bistro in the Handlery.
Posted to the GMOD News on 2020/01/08
This Tripal release includes major performance improvements including an improved and blazing fast GFF3 loader. Follow standard Drupal updating procedures to update. Changes in this version:
- Performance improvements to the Cross References, Relationships, and References.
- A rewritten GFF3 loader that is extremely fast, even with a fully populated Tripal site.
- A new Sequences fields that combines reference-dervied sequences with primary sequences, and CDS/proteins for mRNA features and sequences now have more informative definition lines for FASTA sequences.
- Updates to the online documentation
- Bug fixes in web services
- Bug fixes in the OBO loader for ontologies that won't import.
Posted to the GMOD News on 2021/02/08